Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Journey Begins

Thus begins the first entry to my blog where I ponder deep and not so deep thoughts about matters emotional and spiritual. Let me introduce myself to you who might wander here. I am a lay analyst in my 8th year of training who lives in a tiny town in the lower midwest...that means the locals speak with a bit of a drawl, and the cars are festooned with magnetic ribbons in support of our troops. I'm not sure we are the geographic center of the Bible belt, but we might as well be.

I work with those who are wounded in body and soul. I am in private practice with two clinical psychologists and one educational psychologist. As a lay analyst in training, I am being hand trained by a psychodynamic clinical psychologist/hypno-analyst which might mean something to someone out there. My patients just hope I can help them. And I look for unconscious roots of behavior rather than just treating the symptom. However, some people just want symptom relief and no more. I like to understand the "why". That's where the action is and keeps me delving until I get some answers.

I work with kids and adults, individuals and couples, neurotics and psychotics, married and single, those with advanced degrees and those with GEDs, and from all walks of life. And they teach me so much, so very much about what it means to be human and the great resiliency of the soul especially when linked with the Divine.

I have three kids, all launched into adulthood and gainfully employed. Son lives in our town, daughter #1 lives in California and daughter #2 lives in New York. My husband is a card carrying member of the NRA and has served his community as a physician for 30 years. I laugh because I listen to All Things Considered as I fix dinner while he watches Fox News in the next room. It requires tact and patience to keep this group together..but mostly love, and that abounds.

Welcome to my blog and please do introduce yourself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I'm sure you'll be excellent- the net is a wonderful outlet for sharing the good, the bad, and the ugly, as well as words of wisdom and the occasional quiz :)

Love!

the good enough mother said...

Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm not quite sure how this will develop. At present, I'm hoping I can share some good stories. As you, my wordsmith daughter, well know, this takes time and practice.

Anonymous said...

From your other other dark haired daughter.Alicroc!..good to see you on here! While I'm sitting at home tending to baby croc and sending out resumes I will peruse you're site!

Love you and next time in the merry ol land of Oz I'll drop by and hopefully you'll be there this time!

the good enough mother said...

Ali, my love. Thanks for coming by. I check your blog from time to time and enjoy your comments over at Mun42.It's good that you are back in Indy. Things are saner in the midwest...except when it's so dang hot and everyone gets testy!