Wednesday, April 25, 2007

O, the wonders to behold!





Last night younger daughter and I saw the first lighties of the year. Yay!

Today hubster, daughter and I revisited the heron rookery, checked in on mama bald eagle who is faithfully sitting on her nest, and viewed an osprey who has newly arrived at a nearby lake. The DNR erected several osprey roosts there last year and they clearly have won the osprey seal of approval. Daughter, friend of slow moving creatures, helped two wandering box turtles to cross the road.

This afternoon the hubster and same daughter checked out our favorite mushroom spot. Success! These dear people brought home a big bag full of morels. My, oh, my! All I have to do is soak off the dirt and bugs, slice them up and saute these yummy delicacies in some garlic and butter.

Last but not least, the hummingbirds are returning to the our feeder.

No comments: