Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Recess time


From time to time, I realize the need to seriously lighten up. Over the weekend I thumbed through The Dangerous Book for Boys which I brought home from the office for my dangerous boys to read. The Hubster enjoys being thought of as a dangerous boy. Son knows he's a dangerous boy. The book is part Boy Scout handbook, part Boy Mechanic mixed with a bit of knowledge that you might pick up from your big brother if you had one. There are chapters on astronomy, how to play poker, naval flag codes, tricks to teach your dog, military history and of course, how to make paper airplanes.

Even though I'm not a dangerous boy, I do like making paper airplanes; however my planes usually nose dive and die crumpled on the floor. I followed the book's direction for a Harrier paper plane. It was not difficult to make and it flew better than any paper plane I ever made. Hubster, not to be outdone, folded paper into the Bulldog Dart. It, too, flew like a dream. Armed with our very cool aircraft we launched into a magnificent dog fight which ended with a grand head on mid-air collision.

Next chapter : skipping stones

No comments: