Tuesday, January 01, 2008

First day of the year


In honor of the new year:
1. I'm wearing new jeans.
2. There's a new scrubber at the kitchen sink,
3. A new sponge at the kitchen sink,
4. A new calender on the refrigerator, and
5. Four new page-day-box calendars sitting on the kitchen table.

The four box calendars are all funny ones. This year I've added Non Sequitur to Zits, 365 Dumbest Things Ever Said and Close to Home. In 2006 and 2007, my Non Sequitur calendar lived at the office because I wasn't sure Hubster would always appreciate the cartoons which occasionally poke fun at the current administration. Since any administration is fodder for cartoonists, I decided to risk bringing Non Sequitur home to Fox country. What the heck, it's an election year.

Well, this morning Hubster picked up the new Non Sequitur calendar with interest. Upon examing today's cartoon, he muttered in disgust "Liberal!". I said I thought it was funny because depicted the little girl, Danae, telling her ghost uncle Reginald why she's not scared of him. There are things lots scarier, she explains, like Bill O'Reilly. I gather that Hubster is not alone in believing that if one thinks Bill O'Reilly is, shall we say, a jerk then one is (gasp) anti-conservative. That's one serious accusation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*snerk* I'm delighted you're revelling in your centricity. I'm wondering when "liberal" and "conservative" came to mean "evil" to the opposite camp- surely it wasn't always this way?