Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Sick

Dang, I've done everything I could think of to ward off the various viri that have been circulating around these parts. Even though I have washed my hands diligently, I started getting sick mid-day yesterday. I'd been taking extra prophylactic vitamin C, so I increased the amount even more. I bumped up my intake of Vitamin D to crank up my immune system. Then I took some Yin Chiao, which oldest daughter recommends. I squirted Zicam up my nose. This product was recommended by younger daughter. I slurped up elderberry syrup and sucked on zinc lozenges. I drank several cups of echinacea tea and glasses of OJ. As a last resort I swished peroxide around in my ears. This is a remedy one of my patients swears by. I felt silly doing that, but desperate times require desperate measures.

Then I heard about some researcher in Wales who said that yesterday was the worst day of the year. All right! Now I've got some legitimate reason for feeling puny. So then, how do I explain why my throat is still sore this morning? Sigh! Maybe since I am no worse today, then my regime really is working. At the very least the placebo effect is operational.

No comments: