Sunday, September 03, 2006

Not total gloom




I wish I didn't have to write another sad post, but mother is no better. She's been moved to the rehab unit. She's off IVs but hubster had to up her morphine dosage again this morning. This is in addition to Vicodin every 4 hours. He's been simply wonderful to her. She was quite comfortable this afternoon, however she kept nodding off as I read to her. I washed her slippers today and took some of her clothes out to her. I had to wonder if she'll ever wear them again. She's not sitting up and most ominously she's eaten next to nothing for the past three weeks.

However.....on a more positive note, it was good to see the sibs and how pleased mother was to have them visit. Also, we've been blessed with perfectly gorgeous weather this weekend. Hubster and I took a leisurely walk in the woods this morning and we've opened the house for the first time in many weeks. Thus I am enjoying the busy sounds of the evening as I type. I've also downloaded some new songs which always makes me happy. And we were given some catfish fillets which I fried up Cajun style for dinner tonight. To that I added some fresh green beans, hash browns and slaw. T'was a marvelous candlelit meal eaten out on the back porch with the good hubster and son. After supper I indulged myself in some internet clothes shopping. So there is happiness in the midst of all of this. I need to remind myself that I am able to escape from the hospital, I am healthy and I can and should enjoy my life. It's plain stupid not to.

No comments: