Sunday, October 15, 2006

Family doings and undoings


I have a way of thinking that family functions will be a lot worse than they normally are. I worked late on Saturday and came home totally spent. I think last weekend's siege with my mother was finally catching up with me. The last thing I wanted to do was go to a family party where I'd have to summon up enough energy to be somewhat sociable. The occasion was my brother-in-law's 60th birthday. The nieces and nephews would be there which is usually fun. They are neat young adults although I am beginning to see the seriousness and stodginess of adulthood taking shape in them. Dang, they are acting more and more like their parents!

Actually it turned out to be a lovely occasion. There were superb steaks and homemade cheesecake. This cheesecake was the specialty of my husband's late aunt. My sister-in-law has since become the guardian of her cheesecake recipe. She has the process down to perfection. I ducked out when the party headed outside to carve pumpkins, though not before there was a maiden voyage of the birthday boy's new Loch Ness monster in his pond. I can't imagine who would think to give him such a silly toy! It was a big hit with oldest niece's dog.

I hadn't visited my mother yet that day, so I headed off to the hospital. I found Mother pretty fuzzy and uncomfortable. Her pain pills were due shortly so I didn't fret much. She was happy(and she remembered) that my sister had called that afternoon. Tomorrow I call the moving company and begin in earnest the process of moving her stuff out of her assisted living apartment and into storage. I will have to sort through her belongings so I know what to take with me for safekeeping and what she might enjoy in her nursing wing room...like some photographs and her brightly colored bedspread. The phone service needs to be stopped and change of address notifications need to be done as well. Not much fun any way you look at it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this link, but argg it seems to be offline... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please reply to my message if you do!

I would appreciate if a staff member here at gemother.blogspot.com could repost it.

Thanks,
James

Anonymous said...

|
|
OF course, company iFentity is very important when it will come [url=http://www.germanylovelv.com/]louis vuitton knolckoffs[/url]
competing in toFayIn Fact, it isn't tough [url=http://www.germanylovelv.com/]louis vuitton knolckoffs[/url]
Fetermine your target current market. It is Furing the expertise oF where by [url=http://www.germanylovelv.com/]Louis Vuitton Outlet[/url]
look that might make your aFvertising anF marketing campaign like your print brochures anF catalogs truly worth Foing. By unFerstanFing the kinFs oF prospective clients the market place has, the greater chances you'll have oF senFing out a successFul print brochure that coulF usually present you with your requireF Final results..

Anonymous said...

[url=http://longchampsacsa.blog.galeon.com/]sac longchamps[/url] These statements include risks and uncertainties that may cause the company's plans to change and are in no way intended to guarantee that the company will be successful in executing its plans. HMSG's common stock currently trades on the over-the-counter "Pink Sheets" under the symbol "HMSG." This press release in no way constitutes any recommendation regarding the securities of HMSG or its affiliates. Any person reading this press release is advised that this release should be considered in light of all facts and circumstances regarding Save up 60% when shopping Mulberry Brynmore For Macbook Pro Leather Messenger Bag Light Coffee for Men at our Mulberry outlet. the business and financial condition and prospects of HMSG, and no inference is made in this release contains all such information..
[url=http://longchampsoldesa.overblog.com/]sac longchamps[/url] good idea but it would only compound my problem, instead of having just to many bags, I'd have 2 many plastic bottles filled with plastic bags laying around ! I usually find the largest plastic bag like from walmart or one of those kind of Highly Appreciated Mulberry Women's Smaller Bayswater Leather Shoulder Light Coffee Bag have been sold very well since they have been disclosed to the public. The soft sateen and dazzling two zips are perfect. stores and stuff the smaller bags in there, if/when it gets filled I place it in the halloween shed for ready made body stuffing. That all being said I can see where this could come in handy, like maybe in my truck or car trunk. Thank you for sharing.
[url=http://longchampmoinse.blogs.fr/]sac longchamp moins cher[/url] If your child is older and no longer need as many items while you are away from your house, you can then think of downsizing to a smaller Trendy hobo handbags. This can be done in various ways. You might choose a simple bag with embroidery, special tags or accessories, or other special little touches in Trendy hobo handbags Or you can go all out with a custom made Trendy Diaper Bag.. The "Fab Cookie" launch proved to be a huge success and the shoes are now being offered in a 'hi-top' version. Pastry continues to win fashionable young ladies over with their fun, colorfully designed shoes. Recognizing that fashion doesn't stop at the feet, the enterprising sisters began to cook-up tasty recipes for clothes and handbags--with the same idea in mind "for girls, by Most Fashionable Mulberry Women's East West Bayswater Leather Shoulder Black Bag on sale,Plus free shipping and no sales tax girls".