Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Shameless Plug

This is a blatantly shameless plug for one of my favorite charities which is The International Rescue Committee.

The IRC can be found in the hardest, most miserable and remote places on earth helping with basic needs of people displaced by famine, natural disasters and political disasters. In checking Give.org, 90% of the monies the IRC raises go to directly to their programs. Their are no cute red phones, cool white bracelets, or pink ribbons to con you into giving. It's just people with more than they need sharing with those who have nothing.

That said, I've been enjoying the calm after the chaos of last week. I'm finally sleeping well and restoratively. The decorating boys are back this week. They are tackling the master bathroom. Once the painting is done, I have the tough job of selecting new towels, rugs and curtains. I wish I were better at decorating. I kind of guess using the WWPBD(what would Pottery Barn do) approach. Next we will be hiring a carpenter to build us a new ramp up to the front door. Yes, brother-in-law will use it but it's been handy for the dog these past few days. Our dedicated slug decided, in an impulsive burst of energy, to chase after three deer who were munching on our magnolia tree early Sunday morning. Fifteen minutes later he limped back unable to put any weight on his right hind leg. I doubt highly he got anywhere near Bambi and friends but he must have twisted something in trying. He's healing slowly. The hubster, at first, made some noises about putting him in a cast, the thought of which amused me greatly. So far, the dog is getting lots of pats and attention due to his crippled status and also because he's been tied up while the painters are here.

No comments: