Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Happier thoughts

National headlines have been so unbelievably gruesome and shocking this past week as everyone, who has not been in a coma, knows. I started writing yesterday and stopped because I was glooming myself out! I get way too cynical and pessimistic. It doesn't help anyone to play the "ain't-it-awful" game. So I turn to less disturbing topics....

-My oldest daughter is planning a trip to a camel dairy.
-I brought home a big fat mum and some Indian corn to decorate the newly power-washed and weather-proofed front porch.
-My youngest is coming home for Thanksgiving.
-My youngest is coming home for Christmas with her fellow.
-My mother had her third epidural yesterday and is making a splendid recovery.
-Son has a new girlfriend who does not appear to be a flake.
-In my on-line trivia game I placed second for the entire month of September.
-In my on-line trivia game, I am in the hall of fame. It may be the only hall of fame I ever achieve, but I'm a gen-u-ine hall of famer now.
-I believe I have figured out what is behind the very strange "panic attack" that sent a young woman to the emergency room a few weeks ago and led to her seek my help. If I am correct, this will be a case I should write up for a journal.
-I have been enjoying some fabulous music performed by the Dale Warland singers on their "Harvest Home" CD. Listen to the clip of Beautiful River to give you an idea.

And that, say I, is that.

No comments: