Saturday, November 11, 2006

Some days life ain't fun


Lots of turmoil in the past week, but thankfully it is now mostly in the review mirror. I was really looking forward to a peaceful weekend last week after two months of riding the roller coaster with Mother's health and long days clearing out her apartment. But instead of a peaceful weekend, I found myself in a battle zone. Hubster's (and mine) unconscious anxiety in regards to a mass removed from his neck went underground and resurfaced in a bizarre fashion. The all-clear biopsy results finally came on Thursday of this week and everyone is back to what passes for normal around here.

In addition Hubster's little, and favorite, brother is having problems with his shoulders and chest muscles. Seeing as little bro can't walk and uses his arms to support his body, then shoulder difficulties are very serious indeed. Little bro is getting tests and in the best surgical hands, this will not be easy work. I suspect this didn't help Husbster's general mood and disposition.

Then my Mother's former roommate called her on Sunday and was placing demands on her that she could not possibly accommodate let alone comprehend. It took some twenty minutes to calm Mother down after the call. All I could think was "What kind of moron 'walks' into a sickroom and starts making demands?" Mother begged me to handle it. I wasn't sure just what I was supposed to do. I had to run it around my mind for several days, bounce it off my sister, while working through my furor at this so-called "friend". Eventually I composed and sent a letter to former roommate. I'd also come to the realization that "friend" might have been putting extra pressure on Mother in hopes of timing a visit around Thanksgiving and thus wangling an invitation to my house for the holiday. Don't blame her, because I am a very good cook.

So all of this doesn't lead to the creation of witty and interesting blog entries. I wrote two that I didn't think it wise to post. Anyway I needed to figure out how to bring some sanity and calm into all of this agitation and hang on until we hit calmer waters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't belive Ms. M is up to her old tricks again. She's a leech of the first water, sucking santiy, energy, and good will- certainly not the kind of person you want around your Thanksgiving table. I'm also relieved that dad's mass wasn't anything dire. That stupid abscess had me worried before I knew what it was, and being of an equally pale persuasion to Pop, the big C will always be a worry. I'm glad that awful day is in the past!